AquaDrop is a new breakthrough water filtration innovation that that allows the user to put a hose into any water source and make safe drinking water using solar power. We have developed a technology based on mother nature’s natural processes, using natural filters, gravity, sunlight, and low pressure to provide clean water to anyone in the world.
We have re-engineered the sediment filtration process to enable us to use the lower pressure drop to get the impurities out of water with a lower power requirement in order to use solar energy. The biggest advantage the system has is that we are breaking supply chain dependency. There are no filters to be replaced so no cleaning, no downtime for replacing or waiting on filters. The system is self-cleaning, so no certified technicians are needed. This makes operating cost incredibly small if not zero. Anyone can set-up this system and can start purifying water in less than an hour.
Once water has passed through the AquaDrop water filtration system, it is 99.99% free of harmful viruses, pollutants, bacteria, and cysts, preventing water-borne diseases like cholera and typhoid. Surface water from rivers, oceans, wells, lakes, streams, ponds, polluted brackish water and even sewage contaminated water can be converted to clean water that is safe to drink.
AquaDrop can remove –
- Heavy Metals
- Chemical and Biological Weapons
- Meets or Exceeds NATO Requirements
- Meets or Exceeds Sphere Handbook
- Meets or Exceeds UN Requirements
PRIMARY COMPETITION: International Water Company Mobile Water Purification Station (MWPS). If our patent goes through the MWPS will be violating it.
International Water Company http://www.wateriwc.com/
• Operates on solar, wind, gravity feed, generator, or AC line power
• Set-up in 3 hours or less
• Can produce up 20 Gallons per Hour in 8 hours of sunlight
• Can produce potable and utility (drip irrigation, laundry, etc.) water simultaneously
• Removes arsenic III/V, lead, mercury, chromium III/VI
• UV final stage disinfection effective against bacteria, viruses, and protozoa including cholera, E. coli, giardia, legionella, leptospirosis, smallpox, typhus, and cryptosporidium
• Potable output meets or exceeds basic EPA and WHO international potable water standards
1. No cartridges to replace – competing systems requires filter cartridge changes
2. AQUADROP design can be scaled easily for water volume and size, which allows for a smaller footprint
3. AQUADROP uses a patent pending sediment filtration technology followed by 5 minute contact time of CENTAUR carbon with Chlorine disinfection. The patent pending filtration technology filters the sediment out of the water. They use UV for disinfection which requires annual maintenance, is expensive, and only operates with AC power. This means they must have an inverter which is a wear item and expensive.
4. Their UV does not have any residual disinfection properties – meaning if the clean water gets bacteria in it again the bacteria is free to grow. Example bacteria while hauling to location or sitting in a container in a home
5. UV systems cannot be dropped out of an airplane for military use.
6. AQUADROP uses solar tracking capability which means on the same sized output unit we will produce 30% to 40% more water volume every day. We will be able to run longer and in much lower light, say a cloudy day or small rain storm.
7. AquaDrop’s self-cleaning design is simple enough for anyone to set-up, operate, maintain and move. Their UV system is complicates maintenance and movement.
AVAILABILITY OF SOLAR ENERGY
Typical Insolation Values
• Insolation: Measure of Available Solar Power in KWh/sq. mtr./day
• Typical Insolation Values in Europe and US: 4KWh/m2/day in the North Europe to 6.5 KWh/m2/day in sunniest regions of US
• Sahara Desert: 8.3 KWh/m2/day
- Highly Mobile
- Low to zero up keep costs
- No filter replacements
- No technicians needed
- Solar tracking capabilities means 30%-40% more power longer
- System is rugged built of industrial parts and can be dropped from an air carrier.
- Water is 99.99% free of harmful viruses, pollutants, bacteria, and cysts, preventing water-borne sickness and diseases once it passes through the system
- Simplicity of design allows for any layman to operate
- Emergency Mini (eMini) small footprint makes it perfect for the most remote operations: 40″L x 25″W x 30″H at 150 lbs